- Our data comes primarily from Companies House, which is a public register and is not covered by the Data Protection Act . The public register includes company details and accounts, directors of those companies, and basic details of the director including their public service address, date of birth, occupation and nationality.
- Our data needs to be a faithful and accurate reflection of the public register. Therefore unless our data does not reflect latest data at Companies House, we cannot change or remove what is on our site.
- Details of companies that have been dissolved remain on the register for 20 years and will also not be removed or changed on our system, unless data has changed at Companies House.
- If you are unhappy with anything in the register, you need to change the details you have filed with Companies House. You can change details with Companies House here . This will then change the data both at our site, and in the many other websites and publications that use company data.
- It is possible to change or hide the address shown on the register (so for example, it is not a private home address). To do this please go here and follow the instructions.
Our site is updated daily with information from Companies House, although it is possible some changes will take much longer to be reflected on our site. If you notice any discrepancies between data on our site and at Companies House, you can notify us using the below contact form.
Please provide the full web address of any pages that are out of date or inaccurate (eg http: //www .checkcompany.co.uk/company/00519500/TESCO-STORES-LIMITED). Because the company registry contains many, many millions of companies and directors, often with very similar names, we will not be able to change or hide any data unless we know the page web address.
Where the data request is clear and reasonable we will endeavour to make changes within 5 business days, although we do not normally provide email confirmation of changes. Where the request is not clear (for example, because we have not been told the page address), or if the request is to alter data that remains part of the public register, we regret that we will not be able to make any changes.